Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Where in the world is Regina?


This year is my twenty year high school reunion. The memories make me feel old and also kind of lame. What have I done for the last twenty years? Someone from my high school class just emailed me a copy of our class picture. We look so young and hopeful. There is an amazing energy in the photo. God had blessed us with years of friendship and a bit of knowledge to ready us for the world outside our little high school. I am thankful that high school was a positive experience for me. I still have friends from that time in my life. We have been able to catch up with each other on an internet bulletin board. Everyone seems so happy and blessed. I am a little remorseful when I read about the lives of my classmates who stayed in our hometown. They are still close and their children go to school together. Community is so important. That sense of solidarity was present when we were in school together. When I read in the media about the things that go on in todays schools I feel sad and a bit frightened for my son. I want my son to feel safe and loved so he can concentrate on learning and friendships. All I can do is guide him and teach him about God's Kingdom. Thank you God for the lovely memories, the wonderful friendships and the wisdom that comes with age. May we continue to grow in God's love.

No comments: