Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A New Day

I believe that things happen for a reason. My son is struggling with teething and as a result we have not been sleeping well. I get cranky when I haven't had enough sleep. As my husband says: "When Mama's not happy, nobody is happy." My moodiness has unsettled our house. When I got up this morning and saw the beautiful weather, I was hopeful. I thought we deserve a break from the winter weather. I hoped for a break from my mood too, but I missed my morning appointment because I just couldn't organize myself in time. When I felt so low, my husband decided to take time off from work and help me rescue what was left of my day. It was awesome! We had lunch with friends and he helped me with some errands that would have been challenging to accomplish with a toddler in tow. I think my husband got something good out of the day too. Since he works at home, he misses out on workplace camaraderie. By taking time off from work he got to spend time with people who have similar interests and see really fancy film making equipment. All three of us had a lovely day together. I've never been able to "Let go and let God." May be today I did.

No comments: